Friday, September 17, 2010

The perfect chocolate bar - Petite Lindt Excellence Intense Dark

What does it mean to be perfect?
Webster's defines perfect as: being entirely without fault or defect : flawless perfect diamond> b : satisfying all requirements : accurate c : corresponding to an ideal standard or abstract concept perfect gentleman> (see my boyfriend).

I didn't think that perfect could be applied to any piece of candy. Sure, I love the colors. I love the goofy characters that decorate most candy packages. I love the shine of the foil. And I love sugar rushes (particularly after a good run.... I know, it defeats the purpose of exercise). I'm a snob about a lot, but not about candy. I like candy corn and black licorice, for pete's sake. Truly, I've never met a candy that I didn't like.

But today, I was shopping for bread and became pretty smitten by a chocolate bar at the grocery register. This was something neat! I stopped loading groceries to add this baby to the mix. For one thing, it was exactly the right size. It wasn't too small, but it certainly wasn't too big. It reminded me of the free little tablets of chocolate that that would accompany my coffee when I was in France. There it was, humbly sitting next to the milky ways, priced at a very un-European $0.79.

And so now I'm proclaiming my adoration for the petite Lindt Excellence Intense Dark (70%) chocolate bar to the world. It is 1.2 ounces of perfection. I love it because it's just the right size for what it is. As much as I enjoy really, really dark chocolate, anything above 50% cacao content is best in smaller doses. Dark chocolate makes me feel like I've drunk a full cup of coffee. The typical Lindt excellence bar is about 3.5 ounces, which I've always thought was a bit much. The petite bar is like a single espresso. It's the perfect end to a long week.

Apparently, the Lindt website doesn't advertise the 1.2 ounce bars (just the full-size ones). If I find some link love, I will add it here. Iunno if I will be buying many more (I'm still feeling a little wired), but I'm glad that I stumbled upon it. I have a feeling I will be revisiting this AFTER finals are done and I'm totally wiped out... that is, if I'm not hibernating.




















No comments:

Post a Comment