Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Is the week over yet? ;O

So today was a super long day. I'm glad it's tomorrow already.

I got to see my grandma and gramps today! Yay!

Today is Tuan Yuan Jie, or the Autumn Moon Festival, when family is supposed to get together. I called my sister in and she reported that she did indeed have mooncake at her disposal. My family is not big into mooncakes, BUT I will say that they are worth looking into if you haven't tried one before. Word, don't try to eat a whole baked mooncake at once. It's like eating fruitcake - small but very dense in every sense of the word. Even though a normal mooncake is about the size of a hockey puck, it's definitely meant to be cut up and shared.

I love the Autumn Moon Festival because it's like Chinese Thanksgiving. You sit down and eat things that are very harvesty with your folks. It's a day of reunion - when the lady on the moon gets to be close to her true love on earth. Don't ask me why she has to stay on the moon; that's just the way it is. The moon is, indeed, very big and beautiful today.

To let off some steam, I took a look at these earrings , which reminded me of some very nice, waxy, yellow flowers that I saw in Vietnam all over the place this summer.

A quick search of wiki reveals that plumeria is a fascinating plant. I really like botany; it's relaxing to me the way fishing is supposed to be. Ahhh...plants....







































No comments:

Post a Comment