Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New setting, same nomelette

I'm all settled in a group house closer to campus. For now, I'm just a 10 to 15-minute walk to school. Yay! My cuteoverload calendar, chirping stuffed quail, and other treasures have found a very sunny, extremely well-air-conditioned place to call home.

The housemates are lovely and laid-back. I like chatting with them. So I'm happy as far as that goes.

The funny thing is, after eagerly looking forward to having my own place, I kinda miss home. No worries; I am returning to the homestead on the weekends to check up on the littlest one. It's not like I'm far away. I'll still be picking up mail at the permanent address weekly.

One thing that I appreciate very much is the increase in sleep that my new digs afford. I can wake up 20 minutes before class Mondays. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment