After tucking into some heavenly barbeque at Clyde Cooper's bbq and watching Inglorious Basterds over the weekend (never a good combo) I had one of those dreams where something terrible happens to one of my loved ones. I woke up really glad it was just a dream. It made me realize - I'm so effing lucky.
I finished up a 10-class LivingSocial voucher for this yoga studio near my house. Whew! Ten classes may not sound like very much spread over months, but that's a little under 18 hours of contortions. Plus, it just feels so good to finish something.
I'm wondering if I should find a new workout since my membership is up for renewal. My options are - continue with the studio that I've liked, or try something else ... like kickboxing. Or walking pets? I think my life needs more live pet interaction. When I was leaving the studio, I saw a woman in the lobby of the building taking care of some baby parakeets that she'd just brought in. Sooooooo cute!
Alas, until I have pets, I must settle with plants. My basil plant is not dead after two weeks of scorching weather, which I consider to be a raging success. And after being entirely enchanted with the National Arboreteum's gardenia plants, I snagged a smaller gardenia bush for myself at a nursery. It's a double-flowered varietal that actually looks more like tuberose. I wonder if this will turn out to be a case of mistaken identity. :$. There's only one flower blooming right now, but there are lots of promising little buds.
I am also trying to make my wardrobe more fun while also more modest... not easy. I rely on my more stylish friends to prevent me from becoming a hot mess. My buddy Carl and his friends started a new beta version of a shopping/social networking site called http://cashmerezoo.com/. The idea is that anyone can post what they're wearing and if users visit the vendor's site, then the poster gets a discount or some kind of incentive. It's like polyvore but more sartorialist, and less Photoshop. I think it's neat.
I am also trying to make my wardrobe more fun while also more modest... not easy. I rely on my more stylish friends to prevent me from becoming a hot mess. My buddy Carl and his friends started a new beta version of a shopping/social networking site called http://cashmerezoo.com/. The idea is that anyone can post what they're wearing and if users visit the vendor's site, then the poster gets a discount or some kind of incentive. It's like polyvore but more sartorialist, and less Photoshop. I think it's neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment