Friday, November 19, 2010

Say Goodbye with Banh Mi




This is a shirt coveted by my friend. Who is taking me on one last banh mi run in NoVa. It's a little past 1 am, but they taste most delicious then. Is there anything better than pate on a baguette? I'm just writing this in happy anticipation. Maybe I'll get some cafe au lait with condensed milk.

Goodbyes are very, very sad. But I'm very happy for said friend, because goodbyes also lead to lots of other good things, too. I expect designer ramen when next I visit him.

I hear the beep of a zipcar. YES!!!!

[upon return]: We ended up at Bale Bakery (i.e. Paris Bakery) in Falls Church, where it is possible to get banh mi and a variety of delicious cold drinks (mostly involving red beans, coconut milk, and or/jelly) 24 hours/day. It was fun, and the banh mi did not disappoint. I didn't get the iced coffee, but I did try this drink made of coconut milk, rice noodles, red beans, and what I think was canned durian (still good). My tummy is quite happy and I'm quite sleepy now. Time to hug my giant stuffed panda and dream of heaven-sent sandwiches.




No comments:

Post a Comment