Friday, July 23, 2010

10 Hours in Los Angeles

The beach is my happy place.

Los Angeles has some very, very beautiful beach space. The sand stretches forever, like entire football fields, before you finally reach the water. The waves curl impressively high. And for a "cold" day of about 67 degrees, the sand is not nearly as crowded. But the sand is deliciously hot. I loved watching the hodgepodge of people in California, from tanned babes to literal babies, react to the ocean. In California, it seems that many people are trying to be someone else on the street, but in the water they are entirely themselves. Also, the sight of so many miniature and toy dogs in the ocean is quite something. Little dogs are not afraid of much. Even the fat seagulls are fair game.

Along the beach, there was a park with games and adventure rides. Amy and I got ice cream and continued walking. I tried a dots float, but it was a mixed success as dots float all too well. Getting the little balls of ice cream to mix harmoniously with the soda underneath was not successful.... many dots perished on the boards in the attempt. Amy and I caught up on our lives. She always shows me how to live with grace. I congratulated her on working so hard, when the beach was so close by. She shrugged. Perhaps we all live close to someone's version of paradise.












No comments:

Post a Comment