Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Most Boring Thing You've Ever Seen

Kel brought up an interesting point to me today, which is that boring one's readers to death is against blogging law. Like the laws of physics, blog law is "not policed but can definitely be broken."

I have not yet met a blog that has bored me to death. I like reading about people's stamp collections, makeup hauls, pets, political rages, and favorite online games. Boring me is a CHALLENGE.

But there are some people who are even less easily bored than I. When one of my brothers starts talking semiconductors, I only understand one in four words that comes out of his mouth. He is not boring to me, just incomprehensible. He is interviewing at a company that prides itself on innovation, efficiency, and all that is structurally sound. On that company's website, there is a list of cultural values that engineers at said company are encouraged to remember. Number four on that list is essentially to avoid wasting other people's time.
#4. Do not suffer fools. I say this lovingly: engineers are bored by fools. That is, when they are not explaining the world to those people and converting them (us) to the wonders of their respective fields.

What is the most boring thing on the internet? What is the most boring thing you've ever seen?










2 comments:

  1. I did not make this up: Socksforsir.com/blog
    To be fair, I did not exactly delve in and read, but it certainly did not GRAB me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think a montage of socks would be neat.

    ReplyDelete