Thursday, March 22, 2012

Moving Forward

I love spring: the sunshine, the flowers, the sight of people tossing frisbee around the quad, the kiss of a very cold water bottle. It is so important to change up one's routine and to embrace the possibility of the new.

I spent a few glorious moments on the main campus quad today, which was just what I needed. I am usually surrounded by law students in the library, which keeps me focused, but I'm always feeling the tension of the people around me. It was nice to go somewhere where everyone was intent on being. It was great. When a friend from law school found me sunning with a book on the main quad, I wanted to hide from the conversation I knew would ensue. I tried light banter, but no dice. Talking about our latest paper topics and who was right about what kind of broke the surface of my zen moment. Ah well. I found an excuse to leave and here I am at the local Starbucks. In a few moments, I'll be back in the library, but I feel refreshed from my little detour.

No comments:

Post a Comment