What's a girl to do when she has spent the last 48 hours awake finishing a group project, delivered a closing under firm grilling, and finished her first final? She looks for a huge hunk of burger, preferably freshly killed. Due to cost and morals, most nights I eat vegan. This was not to be one of those nights.
I talked family with a childhood friend who has spent the last few years in Belgium. Our orders were ready in a little under fifteen minutes, and the service was great for a carryout place. Finding a table was tricky, but we swooped in on a four-person banquette. Next to us was a pair of young litigators, loudly commiserating on the state of the job market. A couple tables down held a family dealing with a baby. This is not the place for a cozy catch-up on a Saturday night, but it is still a lot of fun.
The burgers arrived hot, well-done, and topped with just the right amount of veggies. They had a very smoky, rich flavor, although the sauce was a bit salty for my taste. Would I return on my own? Probably not. Shake Shack is still my fave place for burgers along Connecticut even though their patties are smaller. Still, I might take a dining companion with a larger appetite, particularly an eating-challenge-sized appetite, to BGR.
No comments:
Post a Comment